Immertec is an award-winning, fast-growing startup founded in 2017, building an innovative real-time surgical training platform in Virtual Reality. We’re growing fast and our team is looking to add a Field Installation Project Manager to oversee the planning, installation and maintenance of our hardware and software in operating rooms and surgical suites across the country.
Our technology is designed to facilitate communication in the surgical suite by allowing Surgeons to remotely view surgical procedures using our patented VR technology. We have business relationships with many large and small-scale medical device manufacturing companies with whom you will be partnering closely to install our product in one or more operating rooms in hospitals across the United States.
We highly value experience in the surgical technology industry when considering a candidate for this role as one of our primary goals is to minimize friction during installation in operating rooms for Surgeons and the hospital staff.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience in the operating room environment as a field technician or installation technician but must also posses strong project management skills. In addition to accompanying our Director of IT for all pilot installations, they will be contributing greatly to developing the process which will dictate how we execute installations well into the future.
- Travel between our headquarters in Tampa, FL, and hospitals and surgical centers across the United States
- Develop and maintain a project management plan for each client to track key deliverables, milestones, points-of-contact and action items
- Work closely with Medical Device Company Representatives at each site to tap into their network of associates within the hospital to perform pre-survey assessments
- Travel to hospitals to conduct technical site assessments prior to the delivery of hardware to ensure all requirements are met
- Install hardware and conduct preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot and coordinate repairs with remote developers to ensure resolutions are made quickly and effectively
- Train Medical Device Company Representatives and Nurses to use our software
- Provide client feedback about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs to our product team so we can continue to develop a more valuable service for our clients
- Self-motivated team player who can provide creative solutions for emerging problems, and take constructive feedback
Passionate about web technologies, excited to learn, driven to deliver, and experience with some or all of the following:
- A minimum education level of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Professional Project Management Certifications (ie. PMP) are a bonus
- 4+ years experience in surgical technology; preferably at a medical device company, or similar
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift/move equipment weighing up to 30 lbs
- Ability to travel overnight up to 30-50% of the year
- Ability to use web-based and physical test equipment and interpret results
- Intermediate skill reading math and technical writing
- Intermediate PC and appropriate application skills
- Ability to interpret A/V and control system flow diagrams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, specifically technical concepts
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test in order to be credentialed to enter operating rooms and surgical suites managed by a broad range of providers
- We understand that exceptional experience is often as valuable, or more valuable, than a degree. If you do not have a Bachelor’s Degree, we encourage you to apply and have a conversation with us regarding your professional experience!
At Immertec offices in Tampa, Florida in the up-and-coming Tampa Heights District (near Armature Works), or remotely.
- Work with cutting edge immersive AR & VR technologies
- Commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
- Flexible work schedule
- 10 days paid-time off per calendar year
- Company-approved paid holidays
- Student loan assistance
- Remote-friendly environment
- Competitive Compensation
- A wide selection of healthcare options including HMO and PPO options